What's new in iCaching 7.5.1
November 8th, 2018
- Bug fixes, one severe that could cause crashes on app start.
New in iCaching 7.5 (October 4th, 2018)
- Support for dark mode in the latest macOS version
- Select geocaches in the Map window by dragging a rectangle (holding the option key)
- Under the hood performance improvements
- Several small issues
New in iCaching 7.2.1 (May 22nd, 2018)
- You can now import fieldnotes files with multi-line logs (e.g. from Looking4Cache)
- The Travelbugs in a geocache in the log window were often not loaded
- Issue with crashing Pocket Query window
New in iCaching 7.2 (May 11th, 2018)
- You can now choose not to create a folder when importing a Pocket Query in the settings in the PQ window (gear icon)
- New (additional) waypoint icons, which are much clearer on the map
- High resolution attribute icons
- Problems with a wrong log date when importing via GPX. The bug was timezone depended and affected mostly users from America, and could lead to shifted found dates.
- Several small issues
New in iCaching 7.1 (March 15th, 2018)
- This update contains a ton of under-the-hood changes to make iCaching even more stable, faster and maintainable.
- Download all new pocket queries at the press of one button
- Revisited the date handling of logs/finds. Groundspeak made some changes in the API which result in better date handling.
- Importing the visits file from your GPS didn't respect the timezone of the logs, now it does
- Several small issues
New in iCaching 7.0.2 (November 14th, 2017)
- iCaching now remembers the last used settings for library cleanup
- Enabling/disabling columns in the cache list
- Several refresh issues with the Map
- Printed Map now does contain geocaches again
- Other small issues
New in iCaching 7.0.1 (November 2nd, 2017)
- Purging old logs was not working correctly
- Editing user waypoint on waypoints tab could make the application freeze
New in iCaching 7.0 (October 28th, 2017)
- Geocaches close to each other appear now clustered on the map. This also vastly improves the speed of the map with large amounts of geocaches.
- New Library cleanup function to easily purge archived and/or old geocaches and logs.
- iCaching now uses the new round geocache icons
- When importing a field notes file containing geocaches that are not in iCaching, the cache names and types are retrieved via the api
- The API window now has the new API logo
- Various small issues
New in iCaching 6.6 (June 28th, 2017)
- A change by Geocaching.com in the API responses made importing via the API crash
- Sometimes the API access token was not persisted, so you had to login again and again
- Sometimes the changes in the geocache note were forgotten
New in iCaching 6.5.2 (May 8th, 2017)
New in iCaching 6.5.1 (April 7th, 2017)
- Improved Map:
- More informative tool-tip texts
- Less automatic panning of the map
- You can select to center the Map on the selected cache or not; works as a toggle now
- Changes of the geocache (e.g. changing corrected coords) now appears immediately on the map
- The found and owned icons are back
New in iCaching 6.5 (March 26th, 2017)
- Support for the Touchbar on the new MacBook Pros
- iCaching now remembers the open windows: Log window, Map and Homes panel. When you restart iCaching they will return.
- The Map window now remembers your last settings: map type, visible map area etc. and comes back with the same settings after a restart.
- Completely rewritten Maps window: replaced the Google Maps engine with Apple Maps which works much smoother and faster.
- Pinch to zoom in the map
- Show user location in the map
- Re-introduced the toolbar in the Log window to make importing field notes more discoverable.
- Autovisit TBs only for Find logs
- Small other fixes
New in iCaching 6.0.2 (February 2nd, 2017)
- Visit from here (autovisit) is now the default log type for trackables in your inventory
- Help descriptions regarding logging
- For some users the Geocaching account was not persisted
- Several minor crashes
New in iCaching 6.0 (January 12th, 2017)
- GGZ file export for modern Garmin GPS devices (implemented in 'Export to File').
- Autovisit travelbugs. Mark your travelbug as autovisiting and it will visit all geocaches in your log batch.
- Download your owned geocaches with one click from the new Library menu.
- Download your found geocaches in a more clear way via a new dialog from the new Library menu.
- Added Garmin 700 Series GPS
- Write note logs for travelbugs now possible without tracking code
- Fixed crash on opening API window when one of the Folders has no name
- Fixed several possible crashes when logging travelbugs. And sometimes TB logs were lost when navigating through the logs in the logs window.
- Fixed missing geocaches when exporting to Garmin devices. Downloading geocaches via the Geocaching.com API could include invalid characters in cache or log descriptions. This made Garmin devices stop importing the data. Now iCaching filters these characters during import and export.
- When exporting to CSV virtual waypoints (no locations) are no longer exported.
- Fixed issues in main window which could make parts of the window disappear.
- Fixed slow typing in note.
New in iCaching 5.7.1 (August 23rd, 2016)
- Remove PQ notification automatically after 30 seconds
- Redesigned Homes window
- The cache list was not always correctly updated and resorted after a change of home location
- Export images to GPS could crash when an image had no name
- The toolbar button titles were not localised
- Small other fixes
New in iCaching 5.7 (June 24th, 2016)
- Notifications for new Pocket Queries that are available for download. ICaching checks for new pocket queries every 15 minutes.
- Download Pocket Queries directly from the notification
- Modern style toolbar
- Lots of artwork modernized
- Several small issues
New in iCaching 5.6 (June 7th, 2016)
- API query window, extra filter 'hidden by', enter comma separated list of owners
- Photos exported to your GPS no longer have the GUID type name, but the original file name (e.g. spoiler.jpg)
- Remove the 'my log date' when cache log state is changed to 'Not found'
- Remove published logs from the list when Logging window is closed
- Scroll with mouse in note on Info tab
- The main window will be opened again when clicking on the Dock icon or via the Window menu entry
- The Window menu now shows checkmarks in front of the open windows
- API operations could happen too often per minute in a very specific situation
- Trackable logs could miss the geocache code resulting in missing entries in specific situations
- Several small fixes and code improvements
New in iCaching 5.5.1 (April 2nd, 2016)
- When exporting to GPX HTML comment tags are removed from the logs to prevent issues with Garmins reading the file
- Secure input field for GCVote password
- More Garmin devices listed
- Possible crash when importing geocache_visits file
- Possible crash when encountering Trackable without goal description during logging
- Other minor issues
New in iCaching 5.5 (March 21st, 2016)
- Completely new Log window, including logging of trackables (yes, finally :-)
- New tab for adding images to logs. Easily add and remove images, add captions etc.
- Image tab: drag and drop images, swipe to left to remove image
- New tab for logging trackables
- Trackable tab: add logs to trackables in cache or inventory (live updated)
- Trackable tab: inventory is managed between cache logs, creating a ‘retrieve' log will make the trackable available in the inventory for the next cache log on the list. So you can prepare the logging of your complete cache trip.
- Trackable tab: tracking code is checked against the API, swipe to remove trackable log from trackable and much more
- Show waypoint code on Info tab of Waypoints tab
- Map type menu in Map Window
- Import count of trackables in GPX import
- Extra column in cache table with count of trackables
- Added filter on count of trackables
- Rewrite of GCVote functionality. Should fix trouble with special characters in names or passwords and better communicate errors
- No longer importing duplicate waypoints via GPX import. Previously imported duplicates are removed on first start of this version
- Map update selected waypoint on click in waypoints table fixed
- Correct progress info cache count downloading from API (e.g. 51-100 of 250)
- Missing 'Name contains' pane in API download dialog restored
- Last save location for export to filebased GPS was not remembered
- Maximum number of logs during export to file was ignored
- Fixed disabled table header menu cache list
- Fixed crash on text filters with 'occurs in' filter
- Fixed possible crash when selecting a lot of caches (select all) when Info tab is open
- Fixed possible crash when changing note font while note text is selected
New in iCaching 5.1.2 (January 12th, 2016)
- Multiple logs for the same possible in Log Window
- Can load field notes from Looking4Cache
- Last open Geocache is persisted between application runs
- Hint button hidden when no hint available
- Fixed several issues in Mavericks (window layout, enabling menu items)
- Loading user logs only on application start, not every 5 minutes
- Saving GCVote password did not work
- All waypoints had the same icon in the Waypoints tab
- Several other little annoyances and small performance improvements
New in iCaching 5.1 (December 18th, 2015)
- New Map on the waypoints tab. See the cache and the waypoints directly projected on a map. Waypoints are clickable to see which info belongs to the waypoint
- The pocket query dialog was broken on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Updating Favourite points didn’t work
- The Favorites folder wasn’t updated
- The sort order in the cache list could get lost
- Loading Photos could crash in Mavericks
- Only new logs are imported on application start, instead of all logs of the last month
- The split view in the log and waypoints tab was wrong on application start while these tabs were open
- Fixed export to CSV
- The table header on the logs tab looked weird in Mavericks
- In the Log window, the open dialog for logs from GPS now only enables items of type .txt with “visits” or “logs” in the name
- Fixed the 'ignore logs before' default date in the same open dialog
New in iCaching 5.0.5 (December 8th, 2015)
- Fixes crash on application start for some users
- Fixes export to non-GPX file formats and GPS devices
New in iCaching 5.0 (November 26th, 2015)
- iCaching 5 has a lot of new features like a new location picker, user waypoints, geocache photos and much more. Moreover lot of the underpinnings are vastly improved and form the foundation of these new features and features to come. This also resulted in better performance.
- To mention a few improvements:
- New location picker to choose coordinates on the map or even by typing human readable addresses (geocoding). The picker is used to insert corrected coordinates, home locations and query midpoints.
- You can add user waypoints to the additional waypoints.
- A new Photos tab to see the photos of each Geocache
- Export (spoiler) photos to (modern Garmin) GPS devices.
- Import actions and API queries are processed in the background for better performance
- More efficient data model for better performance
- New filter: ‘Cache is in Folder’
- Show premium flag on premium caches
- Yosemite style icons in the folder pane
- Improved look and feel of the tab buttons
New in iCaching 4.98.2 (July 18th, 2015)
- Support new 'token expiration' behavior of the Groundspeak API
- Minor bug fixes
New in iCaching 4.98.1 (May 21st, 2015)
- Export additional waypoints when exporting to CSV
- Export (only) own logs when exporting the ‘My Finds’ folder, to make this export compatible with statistic tools.
- You can delete caches using the delete and backspace key (in addition to the existing cmd-backspace keystroke)
- BUG FIXES:
- Refresh of the folder list happened too often leading to wrong behaviour
- User’s cache notes were not always saved
- More minor stability fixes
New in iCaching 4.97.50 (March 25th, 2015)
- Groundspeak changed the API limits without notice. This version obeys to the new limits, fixes getting Logs.
New in iCaching 4.97 (March 5th, 2015)
- Added Geocache attributes to the top of the cache description when exporting to GPX (without iCaching or GSAK extentions).
- List of logs on Log tab sometimes wasn't refreshed
- Maximum description length for photos in logs
- GCVote credentials were not always accepted
- Persisting unpublished logs wasn't always handled correctly
- Other minor improvements
New in iCaching 4.96 (January 21st, 2015)
- Bug fix sorting cache table
- Bug fix CSV export line feeds
New in iCaching 4.95 (January 13th, 2015)
- Complete new CSV export, contains much more info
- Added CompeGPS devices
- Bugfix API queries in miles
New in iCaching 4.90 (November 14th, 2014)
- New application icon
- New look in Yosemite
- Fixed search issue
- Fixed Map icons display for Retina displays
New in iCaching 4.85 (November 5th, 2014)
- Fixed the Map icon display
New in iCaching 4.80 (October 28th, 2014)
- Kilometer / Miles now respects the system locale settings. Filtering on Distance From Home now gives a consistent result independent of the used distance unit.
- The API Query dialog now maximizes the distance from a centerpoint to 50km as does the Groundspeak API
- It is no longer possible to use the Refresh Logs button for non Groundspeak caches
- The Help is back
- Other minor fixes
New in iCaching 4.70 (September 26th, 2014)
New in iCaching 4.65 (August 4th, 2014)
New in iCaching 4.60 (July 16th, 2014)
- Extended the main menu (at the top of your screen) with entries for Geocaches, Folders and extra View items.
- Hide and collapse the left pane, the activity pane (bottom left) and the info tabs.
- The activity pane now shows the number of caches skipped during import.
- iCaching now recognizes the new names Groundspeak gave to Mystery Caches and several waypoint types. On export iCaching uses the legacy names to stay compatible with your GPS device.
- An extra column in the cachelist for the hint.
- Clicking on the cache-icon on the info tab brings you to the cachepage in your favorite browser.
- Added the Garmin GPSMap 76 and 78 series
- iCaching handles the timezone-difference between the GPS-finds file and the users timezone correctly.
- iCaching works around a timezone bug in the Geocaching API, your find dates will no longer shift days.
- The crash some users have during import should now finally be solved.
New in iCaching 4.50 (May 15th, 2014)
- Logging of geocaches to geocaching.com (Mac OS X Lion or later):
- Create a queue of one or more logs
- Use the fieldnotes from your paperless Garmin or Magellan device
- Edit one or more logs at the same time
- iCaching keeps track of your find count, rearrange the order of logs by drag and drop
- Add photos to your logs by drag and drop (and remove them by dragging them from the photostack)
- Add titles and descriptions to photos
- Unsend logs are stored on your Mac
- Added support for Garmin GPSMap64 and Falk Lux and Falk IBEX32 GPS devices
- Improved Retina support: interface icons and cache icons on the Map
- Several bugfixes
New in iCaching 4.40 (March 25th, 2014)
- Added a 'download more logs' function in the logs tab. It will get the next 100 logs every time you click the refresh button.
- Added a filter for your ignore list in the API download dialog.
- Open Street Map and Open Cycle Map support (by pressing 'o' or 'p' in the mapwindow
- Support for Falk Lux and Ibex devices
- Fix for crashes while downloading pocketqueries through the API some users reported
- Fixed the swapped buttons on the delete Smart Folder confirmation dialog
- Fixed progressindicators for downloading multiple pocketqueries in the pocketquery dialog
- Fixed filtering on Wherigo geocachetype (you need to refresh the caches first)
New in iCaching 4.30 (December 21st, 2013)
- Speed gains in application start, import, export and cache deletion
- Progress of importing zipped files now shown as single import
- Solved pocketquery names with accents
- Deleting Folders now possible without deleting contained caches
- Several bugfixes
- Import, export and recalculation of distance to home is cancelable
- Usersettings for the library-folders
- Usersetting for playing sound after finishing background task
- Duplicate existing smart folder
New in iCaching 4.25 (December 9th, 2013)
- Several bug fixes
- Mavericks compatible
New in iCaching 4.2 (December 9th, 2013)
- Improvements under the hood for speed and stability
- New (finally!) fullscreen mode for the mainwindow and the Map window. (Lion or higher)
- Rightclick option on the cachelist to refresh a (selection of) cache(s) through the API. (premium members)
- Added download of corrected coordinates entered at geocaching.com through the API
- Added download of user notes entered at geocaching.com through the API
- Bug fix:
- Fixed a serious crash some users suffered from when adding Homes or (Smart) Folders
New in iCaching 4.1 (July 22nd, 2013)
- Fixed: manual center location and include my founds in API dialog
- Llittle bugfixes and optimalisations
New in iCaching 4.0 (July 1st, 2013)
- Added support for the geocaching.com API.
- Enter your account in a new preferencespanel
- A complete makeover of the pocketquery dialog (premium members only)
- A new Import API dialog for live querying the caches on geocaching.com
- From the Info Tab you can add and remove favorites from caches (premium members and Lion or higher only)
- A new 'My favorited Caches' folder in the Library (premium members only)
- A new 'My Caches' folder in the Library
- Refresh cache availability from the cache list
- Set cache-location as new home location
- Better support for Opencaching.com and opencaching.de files
New in iCaching 3.6.2 (January 31st, 2013)
- Bug fix, for a few users iCaching crashed while importing pocketqueries.
- Updated log-icons
- For Magellan devices caches and waypoints are saved in separate files
- You can exclude caches on export now, to export waypoints only
New in iCaching 3.6 (January 18th, 2013)
- Integration of GCVote. Automatically get votes from GCVote.com while importing caches. Also added a filter on GCVotes and a column in the cachelist.
- You can also vote for the quality of caches yourself, when you have an account on GCVote.com. (Voting only supported on Lion and higher).
- Filtering on logs in the Logs-tab. Easily filter your own logs, or for a certain text in the logname, description or finders name.
- Redesigned waypoints-tab
- Several bug fixes
New in iCaching 3.5 (December 18th, 2012)
- Added LOC-file import (usefull for non-premium geocaching members)
- Cache attributes are now imported. You can also filter on them. They are also included in the export.
- Import and export GPX with iCaching extensions for transferring your notes, founds (including FTF, STF, TTF), founddates, corrected coordinates and appreciations to another Mac.
- Import and export GPX with GSAK extensions for transferring your notes, founds (including FTF), founddates, and corrected coordinates from GSAK or back
- Sandboxed (to comply with Apple)
New in iCaching 3.3 (May 22nd, 2012)
- New features:
- Create compound filters with All, Some or None-rules and all combinations of these rules
- Icons in the list and on the map are greyed out for unavailable caches
- New ?! icon for solved mysteries
- Resizing post-it for notes
- Bug fixes:
- Bugs fixed in filters and export-routine
New in iCaching 3.2 (March 15th, 2012)
- iCaching now remembers the size of the panes of the main window
- Added key-shortcuts for a lot of menu-items
- Added key-shortcuts for the Map window: + - for zoom, s (satellite), r (roadmap) and t (terrain) for maptypes and h (home), c (current cache) and a (zoom all) for center and zoom options
- Bugs fixed:
- Editing faulty behavior with editing corrected coordinates and clicking on map-icons when a folder is selected
- Empty Map when started with multiple caches selected
- Incorrect filter when editing Smart Folder filter containing yes/no values
New in iCaching 3.1 (March 8th, 2012)
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed refresh of cachelist after editing Smart Folder
- Fixed refresh of map after reopening mapwindow
- Added icon for Logged as Not Found
- Found caches have a smily in on the map
- More efficient import of logs
New in iCaching 3.0 (February 20th, 2012)
- New features:
- A redesigned Folder-pane, with folders to search the full Cache Library
- The addition of Smart folders: create a filter and save it as a Smart Folder so you can re-use that filter later.
- The log-pane (bottom left) now scrolls, so your previous imand exportoperations stay visible. Particular handy when importing Pocketqueries with two files.
- Rightclick on columnheaders in the cache-table to select the visible columns. Settings of visible columns and columnorder are saved in the users preferences.
- Scale-indicator added to the Map
- Zoom to all caches in Map
- Your Founds can be refined by Not Found logged, Not Found, Found, 1st, 2nd and 3th Found
- Founddate is extracted from log-entries with your username. Import the 'Your Founds' pocketquery from Groundspeak to set your whole found-history
- Import and exportroutines are further optimized.
- Removed the dialog on import that asked for deletion of caches that were not included in the pocketquery. This was to prevent orphaned caches, with the Library-Folders this is no longer an issue.
- The Unavailable stamp, has a brother called 'Archived' now. You can see at a glance now wether a cache is temporary or permanent unavailable. When sorting on the 'Available' column, the order will be available, unavailable, archived (or verse visa).
- Localisations for German and Dutch
- Bug fixes:
- Crash on import solved
- W/E indicator near 0 degrees had faulty behavior
New in iCaching 2.8 (December 2nd, 2011)
- Little update of the export function:
- added export of solved mysteries only
- choose to export with original or real coordinates
- Fixed 'Export to GPS' could be started only once
New in iCaching 2.7 (October 22nd, 2011)
- Direct support for downloading Pocketqueries from Geocaching.com
- Import of zipped pocketqueries, iCaching will unzip and import them
- Maps window is no longer always on top; more useful for users with a small screen
- Some Garmins misinterpreted difficulty and terrain values from the export, changed export with decimal point (2.0) to without decimal point (2) to solve this
- Searchfield (top-right) improved
- On 'export to gps' it is possible to choose long names instead of gc code
- Fixed column sort (also: container by size instead of alphabetical)
- All textproperties like name, owner, hint on the info tab are now selectable and copy-able to clipboard
- Faster program start by code-optimalisation
- Fixed tooltiptext on caches in the mapview
- Amount of selected caches is displayed and when a filter is applied, the text '| Filtered' is added to the amount of caches.
- From the geocache page tab you can open the page in Safari
New in iCaching 2.5 (September 10th, 2011)
- Totally revamped interactive maps-interface. View your caches, waypoints in an interactive map. Click on caches in the map to view the cache-properties. And even explore the cache location in street view.
- Improved addition of folders
- Export to File and export to GPS now remember your last settings.
- Undo/redo function added
- Fixed support for first gen. 32 bits Intel Macs
- Minor bug fixes
New in iCaching 2.0 (June 24th, 2011)
- Direct support of many GPS-devices (eg. Garmin GPSMaps, Etrex, DeLorme PN20,30 and 40).
- Lots of other devices by GPX (eg. Garmin Dakota, Colorado, Oregon)
- Export to lots of file-formats (eg. Comma separated, HTML, text, TomTom, Nokia etc.)
- Export options like maximum number of caches, export waypoints etc.
- More compact interface, ideal for MacBook Air users
- Custom font for note
- Tweaked filter-options
- Improved import- and exportroutines
New in iCaching 1.3 (May 18th, 2011)
- Added: helpfile
- Bugfix: bearing is now in english instead of dutch
New in iCaching 1.2 (April 27th, 2011)
- Minor bugfixes
- Added drop-support for GPX-files from finder. So you can import your pocket-queries faster
- Added display and filtering of 'state'-property
- Export complete folder, or just the selected caches. Based on current selection