What's new in BatteryCare 0.9.32.0
August 21st, 2018
- Minor UI refresh on the Main window.
- Fixed a bug with temperature alarms in Fahrenheit.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.31.0 (October 7th, 2017)
- New feature: Added new dynamic icons to the Quick Info PopUp window.
- Fixed the Quick Info popup position when the taskbar was hidden.
- Fixed a crash when using high DPI screen settings.
- Fixed German translation.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.30.0 (May 29th, 2017)
- New feature: Added user defined CPU and HDD temperature alarms.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.29.0 (February 3rd, 2017)
- Fixed the notification icon text for high resolution displays (above 125% DPI)
New in BatteryCare 0.9.27.0 (September 1st, 2016)
- Correction in the notification panel. Users can now click in the actions when prompted.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.26.0 (October 26th, 2015)
- Performance optimizations.
- Minor translation corrections.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.25.1 (June 22nd, 2015)
- New feature: CPU and HDD high temperature alarms.
- Minor bug fixing.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.21.0 (January 30th, 2015)
- New interface design for the auto updater.
- Minor bug fixing.
- Fixed a language issue in German translation.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.20.0 (October 20th, 2014)
- New feature: In the settings panel it's now possible to reset all battery stats, useful when acquiring a new battery.
- Miscellaneous code bug fixing.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.18.0 (June 30th, 2014)
- Translation corrections in the Settings Panel (French, German and Polish).
- Miscellaneous code bug fixing.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.17.0 (May 6th, 2014)
- New feature: Charging Level notification. Example: Notify when the charging process reaches 80%. This is useful if the user wants to stop the charging process and remove the battery.
- Settings panel layout tweaking.
- Fixed some inconsistent language dialogs.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.16.0 (March 3rd, 2014)
- New feature: New notification windows with optional Full Screen overlay.
- Statistical Time is now the default method to estimate the remaining time.
- The battery remaining time is now always available in the Main Window and Popup Window.
- Small interface refresh.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.15.0 (October 28th, 2013)
- New feature: Displays the CPU and HDD name and Min and Max temperatures when mouse hover the Popup and Main Window.
- Improved Intel Core CPU temperature readings: New method allows to detect a wider range of new CPU models.
- Bugfix: Running in Administrator mode from the settings, caused the program to shutdown after 3 days.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.14.0 (May 27th, 2013)
- New feature: The new version notification lists the main features included in the new release.
- Improved Intel Core temperature readings: Now reads all cores and displays the highest one.
- Quick power plan change tray menu header is now clickable.
- Fixed language issues in some dialogs.
- Bugfix: Tray icon not updating after long periods in battery mode.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.13.0 (February 11th, 2013)
- Bug fix: HDD temperature was not being displayed on some systems.
- Bug fix: Statistical time calculation could be locked at 0:00 time.
- Updated Intel CPU list, includes latest Q1'13 Intel Core i Series and also Celeron and Pentium CPUs.
- Foreign language corrections.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.12.1 (December 4th, 2012)
- Quick Fix: CPU Temperature was not being displayed on some systems
New in BatteryCare 0.9.12.0 (December 3rd, 2012)
- Improved startup time, up to 4x faster now.
- Improved estimated time algorithm, it's now more accurate.
- Bugfix: In Windows 8, the remaining time to suspend was being incorrectly calculated.
- Bugfix: The detailed stats were not being properly updated.
- Bugfix: A crash occured when an external HDD was disconnected from USB.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.11.0 (September 24th, 2012)
- Improved temperature monitoring module: More CPUs and HDD are now supported.
- Added credits text box in the About panel.
- The program will now close existing intances at startup, in order to restore the hiding icon.
- Minor visual tweaks, new context menu item: Link to Facebook page.
- Major bugfixes and translation corrections.
- Updated Intel CPU list, includes 3rd Gen Intel Core.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.10.0 (July 9th, 2012)
- New Feature: Audio Notifications. To activate go to "Settings-> Notifications".
- File with Intel CPU Tjmax values updated.
- Minor bugfixing.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.9.1 (March 8th, 2012)
- Quick-fix: CPU temperature readings for Intel Core i3 were reading higher than normal.
- Quick-fix: An error window would popup when resuming from standby on some systems.
- Quick-fix: In some systems the program would crash if it failed to obtain the HDD temperature.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.9.0 (March 5th, 2012)
- Improvement: New Internal Core Engine. Memory optimization for faster and more stable platform.
- Fixed long term execution issues, such as icon disappearing or random errors after a few days.
- Updated the Intel TJunction file, now all Intel Core/Atom/i (1st and 2nd gen) series CPUs are supported.
- Fixed the popup quick info blinking bug.
- Fixed bugs in CPU and HDD temperature reading.
- Fixed a bug that caused the program to run twice after the auto-update.
- Numerous under the hood bug fixes.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.8.12 (December 9th, 2011)
- Fixed a bug that caused the uninstall process to fail
New in BatteryCare 0.9.8.11 (August 22nd, 2011)
- Fixed a critical bug which caused a crash when shutting down the program with Windows XP.
- Fixed a bug related to the power schemes numbering in Windows XP, which caused a crash.
- Improved tutorial on how to perform a battery calibration, available on the website.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.8.10 (May 13th, 2011)
- Optimized startup time, it's now up to 50% faster.
- Reduced Quickinfo Popup display delay, it's now snapier.
- Updater will now install Major releases with the program Installer.
- Fixed minor translation issues.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.8.5 (March 8th, 2011)
- Optimization in Service Pause/Resume with delayed activation, resulting in better performance.
- Fixed compatibility issue with Granola software that caused a crash when hovering the cursor over the tray icon.
- Fixed a memory leak bug that caused a crash after some hours of usage.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.8.3 (December 6th, 2010)
- Fixed a critical bug that crashed the program at startup.
- Improved temperature reading mechanism for hard-drive.
- Improved error report system.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.8.1 (September 7th, 2010)
- New languages: Czech, Dutch and Polish.
- New settings panel.
- Automatically disable the Windows Sidebar/Gadgets in battery mode.
- It's now possible to bypass the UAC limitations and run always in Administrator mode.
- 33% less memory consumption and reduced CPU usage.
- Support for all Intel Core CPUs.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.8.0 (September 2nd, 2010)
- New feature: New settings panel with improved design and usability.
- New feature: Automatically disable the Windows Sidebar / Gadgets in battery mode.
- New feature: It's now possible to bypass the UAC limitations and run always in Administrator mode.
- New feature: More settings configurable for even more customization.
- New languages: Czech, Dutch and Polish.
- Improvement: Better performance: 33% less memory consumption and reduced CPU usage.
- Improvement: Full control over the discharge cycles statistics.
- Improvement: Improvements in the service pausing/resuming system, it now prevents service resuming in battery mode.
- Improvement: Full support for every Intel Core and Atom series, latest Core i Series included.
- Improvement: New system for calculating the Intel CPU temperatures, based on an editable CSV file.
- Improvement: Better support for large dpi fonts (120dpi), especially in the tray icon.
- Extensive bug fixing and other light improvements.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.7.11 (June 16th, 2010)
- Bugfix: A crash could occur in systems with UAC activated.
- Bugfix: HDD temperature reading reported non real values in some cases.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.7.10 (March 31st, 2010)
- Improvement: Statistical remaining estimation is now relative to the percentage at which the computer goes to sleep mode.
- Improvement: New backup system for the program data files which allow a recovery in case of corrupted information.
- Bugfix: A crash could occur in Windows XP systems with custom power plans.
- Several other bugfixes.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.7.9 (February 4th, 2010)
- New feature: Hard Drive temperature reading.
- New feature: Quick Info popup, Aero style, replacing the default tooltip.
- New feature: Access to power plans switching with a left click tray menu.
- New Languages: Danish, Italian and Russian.
- Improvement: Main window and popup are now placed according to taskbar orientation and size.
- Improvement: Better statistical time calculation thanks to correct standby/hibernate detection.
- Improvement: It now shows the battery manufacturer and model name.
- Improvement on the update process, no need to download an aux file.
- Bugfix: Installer stalled at "extracting main files" on accounts with special characters.
- Minor bugfixes and UI improvements.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.7.7 (November 21st, 2009)
- Quick fix: A crash occurred when setting the "hide energy icon" with UAC activated.
- Quick fix: The current power plan in the tray menu was not refreshed if the plan changed outside the program
New in BatteryCare 0.9.7.6 (November 20th, 2009)
- New feature: Manual power plan change in the tray menu.
- New feature: Launch the Windows Energy options in the tray menu.
- New feature: User can hide the windows default energy icon.
- New feature: Configurable low and critical battery level notifications.
- Options panel rearranged.
- Bugfix: Estimated time was reset to zero when the laptop was plugged in.
- Bugfix: Updater was launched twice.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.7.3 (September 29th, 2009)
- Quick fix for temperature readings showing non real values with some old Intel CPUs
New in BatteryCare 0.9.7.2 (September 28th, 2009)
- New languages: German, French, Spanish, Turkish and Latvian.
- New feature: New and improved error report system.
- Added support for redundat (backup) update server.
- Bugfix: Increased the maximum allowed value for the manual discharge cycles adjustment.
- Bugfix: When the user confirms a full discharge, all registered percentages until that moment are reset.
- Bugfix: Fixed temperature readings for the Intel Atom CPU (commonly used in NetBooks) and every 45nm CPU (Penryn).
- Minor performance optimizations and bugfixes.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.7.1 (August 21st, 2009)
- Supported reading temperature in Fahrenheit degrees
- Added new icons and new tray menu
- Minor corrections and bugfixes
New in BatteryCare 0.9.7.0 (August 10th, 2009)
- NEW: Power plan automatic switching now supported in Windows XP.
- NEW: The program now registers all the discharge cycles performed.
- NEW: Statistical remaining time now avaliable to all comptuters.
- Several modifications and bug fixes.
New in BatteryCare 0.9.6.3 (July 17th, 2009)
- Improvements in the CPU temperature readings, in Intel CPU's. Now it reads directly from the core.
- Updater internationalization.
- Minor corrections.